Tips to make your workforce a security front line
Cyber security is something that is constantly on our mind here at Unit. This is because, according to Bloomberg, cyber security related issues costs companies around $400 Billion a year on average.
One of the easiest ways to curb these losses in your business is to train your employees to create a more secure email environment. Staff plays a crucial part in the security of your company, and employees who are unaware of the onslaught of cyber threats are a liability to the safety of your company’s data.
It is therefore of utmost importance that they are always up-to-date on the best procedures to keep the company safe.
In an effort to save you and your company from the horrors of a cyber-attack, here is a list of tips that help safeguard your business.
- Never open links or attachments from unknown persons.
- Don’t respond to emails that request a password change and require you to divulge personal information — no matter how official the source appears.
- Ensure antivirus and anti-spy software is updated on your computer.
- Encrypt any emails containing sensitive data before sending.
- Don’t use your company email address to send and receive personal emails.
- Don’t automatically forward company emails to a third-party email system.
- Create strict standards for company-related Mobile Device usage
Mobile Devices have become an important tool of the workforce, and with them comes another wave of cyber threats. Making sure your employees have password-protected devices, encrypt emails, and download approved security applications to help keep the mobile data safe is very important.
Unit offers Mobile Device Management that will help with many of these safety features, including the ability to remotely wipe mobile devices. Contact us for all your security or Office 365 needs.